Sak Saum believes in the restoration of the whole person - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. We are often asked how this restoration takes place. The answer is day-by-day, side-by-side.
There are no easy answers or quick-fixes. New life comes from opportunity, example, time, and most of all, LOVE. Our desire is to see the women and men of Sak Saum become whole as individuals and life-giving as daughters and sons, sisters and brothers, friends, mothers and fathers. This transformation is key to breaking the generational cycles of trafficking and abuse.
Our programs address:
- Physical Needs - Housing, food, medical/dental care, transportation, and education in healthy living practices.
- Vocational Skills - Training and apprenticing in textile and metal work production, working with individual giftings to place people in jobs they can excel in and enjoy. Sak Saum pays fair trade wages.
- Educational Development - Khmer (Cambodian Language) literacy classes, English as a second language, computers, anti-human trafficking seminars, healthy relationships, hygiene clinics, AIDS prevention, etc.
- Emotional Healing - Individual and group counseling on personal healing from abuse and trauma, healthy relationships, family dynamics and more. Individuals also receive one-on-one care as needed.
- Spiritual Health - Daily and weekly times of worship and Bible study. Through love and faithful care, many experience even greater healing by receiving new life through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Giving Back - Paying it forward, in a sense. We want to incorporate a strong sense of working together for the good of others and to bring flourishing to our community.